Monday, October 16, 2006

Focus Now

It's been a while since my last post. Since my last post I have completed another 20 mile training run, got a cold that won't quit, watched a close friend/ running partner/ inspiration qualify for Boston and fell off the training wagon. So I've been busy, you see.

The cold lingered and is still lingering going on 3 weeks. Di convinced me that running the 2nd 20 miler would help to feel better and it did for a day or two and then the cold was back but meaner and greener than before. Really put a damper on the speed workout for that week. Then I was supposed to do 15 miles this week which was I was going to cut back to 13.1 and run the Hartford Half. I blew that off because I was still not feeling "right" and didn't want to end up in the hospital with pneumonia or worse and I couldn't run it slow because then I wouldn't have been able to see the ever speedy Running Chick pass mile 20. So I decided to go and be a spectator/race crew/ friend instead and cheer on the Running Chick to her kick ass destruction of the Hartford Marathon and her PR!!!!

So here I sit two weeks out from my own marathon. I feel very confident in my training. I am not too concerned about the last week in training. I will jump back onto the wagon this week and follow it through to the end. I just hope I can keep up with David!

Comments:
I'm sure you made the right decision in scaling back your training. You've got a strong training base by now, and getting sick now might have ruined your marathon completely.

Good luck in your marathon!
 
Ditto Warren. Be healthy. You have the base. The 15 you missed was just a chance to practice what you already know. Like you said, focus. Get better and plan on a good run next week.
 
You will still do well. Your lungs come first. You can not finish if you can not make it to the starting line.
 
You might be pleasantly surprised with how rested your body will be for the marathon. I hope I get to see you before the bigh day!
 
hi michelle, are you coming to dinner with us friday night? E-mail me for details if you need! It will be nice to meet you!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?