Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Speed Workout or Boom Box 1 Mile Race Report

I had a track speed workout on the schedule today but by the time I woke up and dragged my butt out of bed it was already 83% humidity and temps in the 70s. Since I thought that my run was bagged today I called "THE" Running Chick to check that her wings were on for her race. After hanging up with her I got the urge to get out there and run and run fast and above all stick to the schedule. I decided to go and use it as my speed workout. I was happy to see that when I got there April Anne had also decided last minute to come and run. The Running Chicks were together again!
The start was fast. I kept thinking "It's only a mile" but after passing the 1/4 mile marker at 1:31 I knew I had to slow up a bit. I crossed the finish at 6:50 and was happy to take that time and a 3rd place finish in my gender/age category. It was a great little race and I was able to enjoy the rest of the day at the beach sipping on a tequila drink made with the new Jose Cuervo Tropina and feel guilt free about it.
The Running Chicks placing in respective categories didn't suck either. I think we just may be a force to be reckoned with. Who doesn't like "fast" women?
Back to the nursing now, Hubby had his surgery today to repair his ruptured achilles tendon. I guess I don't have to worry about him for competition anymore!

Comments:
Nice run.
 
Wow - too bad for the hubbie.

And a "force to be reckoned with" doesn't begin to capture it.
 
All of you running "chicks" are so FAST. I almost want to move to CT to train with you. I need to be a "fast" woman too.
 
NIce race, Michelle. Give JOhn my best.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?