Sunday, July 09, 2006

Ahhh, Much Better

So, tomorrow begins the official MCM training and I am feeling much more confident after this weekends long run.
I decided to give myself a rest from the speedy Running Chicks and run at a more comfortable pace. I was fortunate enough to meet up with a friend that was visiting from out of town and will also participating in the MCM in late Oct. We met up early to beat the heat and because I had to be back home early to begin the construction of our new above ground swimming pool (I know, a little late in the season- but it was FREE!) As we set out, the pace was comfortable and the chit chat was light, catching up of the new things in our lives and talking strategy for training and completing the marathon...goal time, water stops, etc.
Before I knew it we had banged out 8 miles and I had a hankering for munchkins and an iced coffee.
By the time I got home the crew had begun to assemble. 2 days later I have a beautiful above ground pool. All it needs is electricity and I will be floating and swimming on my off training time.
Life is Good... sometimes

Comments:
Ah...a pool. Very nice.

Good job on the run!
 
Ooo-rah!

MCM is supposed to be a riot; njoy!
 
A free pool? Did that come with a whirlpool for hop-a-long?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?