Sunday, June 04, 2006

Chaplin Country 5K Race Report

Well, you know the weather- RAIN, and 56F. There was a small crowd assembled in the cafetorium of Chaplin Elementary School when I arrived. There was lots of energy from all the kids that had come out to participate and lots of worried looks from the parents that were convinced to participate by their kids. Here and there around the gym there were people stretching, drinking their water and no one was complaining about the rain, "better than the heat" is what I overheard a couple of times.
As we moved out from the gym into the elements the rain subsided a bit and became more of an annoying drizzle. The first mile is uphill. I took it steady keeping my shoulders relaxed and using my pretend rope to get me to the peak. The rest of the run went well with the neighbors at the 2 mile marker and the Hubby and Little Miss at about 2.5 with my D &D iced coffee in hand. I tried to push the last downhill and take the principal on the last .1 but he had too much of a lead, I was only able to narrow the gap to 10 sec.
I was pleased to receive my trophy for 1st place in my division and will leave it on the mantle until next year when maybe we will have his and her matching if Hubby gets out of the Chicken suit. Oh, and did I mention I took about 30 sec off my time from the Race in the Park?

The official results:
24 1 Michelle Bolduc, 32*, Chaplin, CT 25:28.8 8:13

Comments:
Excellent. Excellent. Fine effort. I've never won anything in my life and you did it in the race.

(Well there was the time I beat Kim Prioli in the 5th grade class spelling bee. That was monumental.)
 
AWESOME!! First place!! You rock sister!
 
Great race, and wow first place in your division! I love the part about trying to catch the principal on the last .1, maybe next year!
 
Great Job! The three chicks need to meet up for a run some time soon. :)
 
Wow, great race. Congrats on the 1st place that is awesome!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?