Monday, September 05, 2005

PR's All Around

What a great day for racing!! I first I am sad to say that I missed the RBF boat. I was not able to get to New Haven the night before the race to meet all the talented, inspiring people I read about. This morning I was a bit tardy to the meeting area and only briefly got to meet Susan, Lara, Sara, David, Bill and Jon before I was off and running to the portopotty. The lines for the portopotties were very long but I managed to get through it and over to the start line in time to hear the National Anthem followed by the gun. Terry and I started our way weaving through the crowd trying to find a clearing when we found Dianna. With a quick good luck she was off. The weather was perfect for running and we found our pace as quickly as the miles were going by. I couldn't believe it when we passed the 10k mark. A quick look at the clock 55 min and change- wow! I kept a pretty close eye on the clock for the second half of the race as I realized a PR was within reach. I pulled away from Terry about mile 9 but she caught back up just before mile 11 so we were able to pull each other in. With .4 left I turned on the gas it wasn't hard to find the extra gusto with the cheers from Dianna, Susan and crew and then to see my biggest cheerleader of all- Miss Maggie with my mom right behind her hootin' and hollerin'. I crossed the line with official time 1:49:38, chip time 1:48:30!!! WOOHOO PR. I took almost 4 minutes off my time from last year! After the race I again lost the RBF. I was told we would meet near the food and beer tent. I couldn't have gotten much closer to the beer tent and the food tent was within sight. I finally decided to call Dianna on the cell to locate them for at least one picture. I had just missed David and Susan- DARN! Overall, it was a fabulous race day. I hope to be able to spend more time with some of the CT bloggers in Hartford!!!

Comments:
It was wonderful to meet you - and your daughter is the cutest!!

Congrats on your great PR!!
 
Congrats on your PR!
 
It was great to finally meet you michelle. I hope we can spend some time together at another race! I loved your daughter's t-shirt!! This is susan, who forgot her password to blogger:)
 
Congrats on your PR!! What a great day!
 
A PR is always a good thing. It was a beautiful day to run, wasn't it? Great crowd and good neighbors out on the streets to cheer us on. I say we make sure we're all back next year and reserve the night before for the pasya carbo load. You're in, right?
 
nice job michelle!
 
We totally missed you at the pre-race meal...maybe you'll be able to swing the tentative pre-race get-together for Hartford? Congrats on a great PR!
 
Great time, Michelle! It's so hard to get everything in when you are a mom, a temporarily single mom at that!! I hope I can go next year!
 
The run was fun (and I'm obviously still recovering, being over a week late to drop by).

Congrats on the PR, and good luck in Hartford. Darling daughter, too, btw.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?